Kazakhstan, Astana, Jan.6 / Trend, L. Podolyak /
Fire took place at the aluminum smelter in Pavlodar as a result of short circuit in electric furnace. As a result of the incident, a worker of the plant injured, Kazakh Emergency Situations Ministry said.
"Ten meters of conveyor belt caught fire as a result of short circuit in electric furnace at the JSC Kazakhstan Aluminium Smelter in Pavlodar on Jan.6," the report says.
According to the press service, the fire was extinguished by site fire station of CJSC "Kazakhstan Aluminium": 9 people and 2 equipments.
"As a result of the incident 35-year-old foreman A.Vorobyov suffered thermal burns and was hospitalized," the ministry's website reported.